Friday, October 6, 2017

I'm leaving on a jet plane.

Tonight marks the first time in 14 years that I am flying out of Malaysia. The last time, I was pursuing further studies in the field of medicine in Karachi, Pakistan, but I failed in the end.

Fast forward to 2017, I am now heading out to Qudwa Global Teachers' Forum that is going to be held at Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates, over the weekend.

I wasn't confident that I'll get the chance to go as I know there are many Teach For Malaysia alumni who shines brighter than me in their respective communities and expertise. Fortunately, I have been given the chance to attend this event to learn more on what educatora across the globe have done within their schools.

I can't thank enough to my dear wife, Shakirin Binti Shaik Rahmat, who has been supportive of me and my number one cheerleader.

Through the years of our marriage, I'm always the one to send her off to the airport. Now that the role has reversed, it does feel a bit unnatural. Thank you, sayang, and I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment