Friday, January 11, 2008

New Year with New Hopes...

It's past New Year's, and this is the first blog of the year. Which year? Well both actually, the Gregorian calendar (year 2008) and the Islamic calendar (year 1429). Last year has been quite interesting as the rest with both high and low moments. The sweetest high of the year would be me finally being close in Berry's heart. The 2nd high would be the fact me getting the job at Way Out Experiences Sdn. Bhd.. (I'll be working in Tioman by May). The lowest? It would definitely have to be me breaking off with Laila for good. Finally I can close the book on that story and never to be heard from her again (unless she breaks her own rule).

About the job, well I'll be working in Pulau Tioman assisting with a chap name John Amos, who is the Managing Director of the Juara Lagoon & Resort. He has established the first sea turtle hatchery there, and it is my task to assist him in improving the hatching rate of the sea turtles nests and aiming to establish a few more hatcheries. At the same time, I'll be dealing with the volunteers from the UK in conducting the marine conservation activities and of course helping them to enjoy themselves under the sun in Tioman. Other than carrying out my work, I do hope I can use this oppurtunity to use the area as my study site for my Master's. I'm thinking Prof. Chan will still be around to supervise me on that. Hehe.. ;P

As the year 2008 welcomes the Year of the Rat, I just hope this will be another good year for me. Of the things that has happened in the past, it's best to leave them be and just enjoy the present while daydreaming of the future. Ice tea anybody?

5 comments:

  1. very proud n happy for u.. :)
    cn i join u? ice tea here pls!!! hehe...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Best of luck, Great-grandpa!!
    Gonna miss you and the others come April..sniff sniff..

    Anyhow i'll go with the Ice tea as well.. hehe!!
    1 for me too!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanx for d song!!
    i know its frank sinatra.
    i have it in my playlist..
    ;p

    ReplyDelete
  4. fuckin' prof chan.

    fuck her.

    fuck all her turtles.

    she made an exam paper as if we're all professors, and then we got fuckin' grades for our fuckin'Biodiversity paper.

    she made me bloody fuckin' sick.

    ReplyDelete