Sunday, June 21, 2009

What a wonderul world

When I took my shower this morning, I was thinking about how to make my statement in celebrating Father's Day today. As I was thinking, my phone was playing "What a Wonderful World" (I'm using C702, so the phone was built to be spill-proof, meaning a bit of water is still OK). Then I kept thinking about my adventures overseas as I grew up, and how thankful I was to my dad that he gave me that opportunity. I mean if it wasn't for the fact that he got the job with Asian Development Bank (ADB) in the Philippines, I wouldn't know much about being a third culture kid (third culture kid means a kid that grows up a portion of their childhood overseas, like in my case, I'm a Malaysian who grew up in the Philippines and Pakistan). So for this Father's Day, I dedicate to my dad, Abah, the song that really made me realize the hopes and good in this world, What a Wonderful World.



3 comments:

  1. :) uncle! hppy father's day!

    hehe

    ReplyDelete
  2. although he's asleep, i'm sure he would thank you by giving you a bit of lecture on international politics.. haha...

    he even taught me how to give a good massage today.. :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi,

    just dropping by,
    do you mind if i said, your blog would look nicer with other template?

    i think it would had been easier to received a message when it was conveyed in simplicity and relaxing.

    ReplyDelete