Monday, May 7, 2007

Pics taken so far...

Well it's been 2 weeks since I've done my internship with WWF-Malaysia in Malacca. So I'm just gonna post up some pics that I've taken so far. Just click on the picture if to view the actual size of the picture.
The folks over at WWF-Malaysia in Malacca:
Azri and me in the Pajero...

From left to right: Sel, See Liong, Arvind (Programme Trainee), Yaya, Kama, and Azri. We wanted to watch Spiderman 3, but unfortunately the tickets got sold out. So we all end up just enjoying the day having our brunch at McDonalds.
From left to right: Yaya, Ernest (Community Officer), Min Min (Project Team Leader). Min Min is our supervisor, and she's really fun to have an interesting chat with.That's Grace at the right side of the picture. She's also the Programme Trainee here at Malacca.

This is Shakira, the Pajero used by WWF-Malaysia in Malacca. How she got her name, I have no idea. Hehe..
Pics taken from Pulau Upeh:

Sign board at Pulau Upeh, and to me, it's the Spooky Island.

Whenever we spot a nest, we would immediately transfer the eggs from the original nest to this blue bucket. Then the eggs are carefully placed into the styrofoam box for incubation. At the same time, 10 samples of the eggs are measured in terms of their diameter and weight.At times, we also inspect the hawksbill turtle to see if there's any commensal species such as barnacles. In this one, this poor mother had a barnacle found on her face, but we managed to take it off.Below are two of my favorite pics of I've taken of the hawksbill turtle. Both are two different individuals.

No comments:

Post a Comment