Wednesday, May 2, 2007

time off...



Dang.. I almost got myself lost driving in Bandar Melaka just a while ago. Although, it was a good ride for me, better than having to finish dinner early and end up having a boring night. I wanted to go take Azri and Yaya for dinner at this food court where Azri and I ate for the first time since arriving in Melaka. Unfortunately, I missed a turn and instead got myself end up near to the A'Famosa Fort; which was kinda kewl because now I know the way to there. Hehe...




Well tonight I'm having the time off from going to Pulau Upeh since I've been there for 3 nights straight. See Liong has been enjoying his break too long, and finally I get to sleep in comfort where I don't have to worry about the sand flies. I recently have a new allergy now, which is sand flies bites. Comparing to everyone else, the bites I get from the sand flies tend to swell pretty bad after a day, and now my right arm looks like a map of the constellation of the stars. :P Owh well, the price to pay in the profession of conservation. Speaking of which....




Ever since I got here, I've had the chance to witness all of the nesting actitvities that has occured at Pulau Upeh. It's like I'm always there when the turtle is about to nest. As you can see on the picture below, this was taken precisely when the turtle was laying the egg. That's Yaya's
head and just busy watching the turtle laying her eggs. The eggs are collected from the nest and transfer into the styrofoam box that y'all can see on the left. Anyway, I would love to tell some more, but I'm gonna save that for next time. Plus, I'm so darn tired. Hehe.. Nite nite y'all! ^_^

No comments:

Post a Comment